Thursday, August 29, 2013

It's August and Christmas is Coming.

I think there's an epidemic growing within social media. No, not cat videos, or #selfies, not even that sudden impulse to find a like button after you get a text and realize.. THIS ISN'T FACEBOOK. I'm talking about the fact that we've all forgotten to play nicely! 

The holidays are nearing and in the great state of Arizona we grab hold of the first glimpse and never want to let go! And you know what? I think that's ok. Yes it's supposed to be 102 this weekend, and YES it's still August. But when the heat is so oppressive and we don't get four seasons, we start to create it within our homes so we feel it within our souls. And it feels good! What makes me sad are all of the facebook posts, blogs, and articles that come about claiming you've skipped Thanksgiving if you want to listen to Christmas music in November. Or how ludicrous it is that you're even thinking about trick or treating in September. IT'S THE SAME THING EVERY YEAR PEOPLE! We should all know by now that some of our friends like to celebrate the holidays for an entire quarter of the year. It should come as no surprise when some of our friends start posting about getting excited for Christmas while it's still October. Who cares. Really, who cares? It brings me JOY to listen to christmas music on a cloudy day. Not because I atually think it's Christmas. But because it just gets me excited for that wonderful season of family gatherings, giving thanks, and enjoying some seriously tasty food in some seriously awesome weather... even if it is months away. Just like I tried on my wedding dress every month for 6 months before my wedding because it would get me excited for that special day. Just like my husband likes to watch football reruns every now and then to get excited for football season. And just like any other big event we make poster boards and countdown chains for- it's fun to look forward to those things!

So this holiday season let's play nicely. Let our holiday loving friends feel free to love the holidays without feeling criticized or ridiculous. Ok, just me. Please can I post about listening to Christmas music without someone posting a blog about it? Please? I'm pregnant and emotional and I just might not be able to handle it ;)

Here's to letting it go and watching our friends get filled with JOY no matter what month it is! #christmastrees #pumpkinspicelattes #noshame #itsaugustwhocares

-AG

No comments: