Friday, June 17, 2011

Extended Snuggle Time

Well this is by far the most i've ever updated my blog... twice in one day?! I must be approaching mommy-hood or something because that's all I'm going to do once she's here right? Praise the Lord that I'm writing this post from the comfort of my bed right now and not those terrible hospital beds that make my booty fall asleep! Dan and I went in to the hospital tonight to check all my levels again (blood pressure, swelling, and protein) and although they went down, they were still a little high. They're concerned that I'm becoming preeclamptic so they've decided to induce on monday- apparently Friday nights get wild and crazy on the labor and delivery floor and they didn't have enough staff to induce me tonight. AND I AM OKAY WITH THAT :) I'll go in on Sunday for prepidil (softens the cervix) and then we'll get called in to be induce early Monday morning... but I'm secretly praying the prepidil does a super job and I go into labor myself ;)

Until then, they've put me on "strict" bed rest... but what does that really mean to this family huh? At least Dan and I get some wonderful, extended snuggle time before there's a little one sharing our thoughts, patience, and space. Thank you for the prayers and we'll continue to update as we prepare the arrival of a sweet little girl!

-AG

No comments: